On Wednesday of last week Chris confirmed that he had arranged everything so that he could go to “Managers Night” in Vancouver. We had discussed how it was his last one and a nice way to end the year and that he did indeed want to go. We had tried to get a babysitter or really even just think of a way to make it work. Nothing had come to mind and so the decision was made that he would go alone. I was annoyed and as time went on I got frustrated that I couldn’t go. Getting back to last Wednesday… I dropped Chris off at class and inside I was fuming feeling sorry for myself and also just frustrated. I decided that that was it I was making it happen. So I called home to see if my mom and dad would come and babysit. I also called Kate and James to see if they could. I waited for two days to hear back if they could and in the mean time I secretly researched hotels, ferry schedules and directions. Friday morning came and my Mom called to say that they were willing to watch the girls. I was ecstatic. I called the hotel and made the reservation (I had secretly written down the credit card number so Chris had NO idea!). All day I was smiling. I packed my clothes, shoes, toiletries and hid them in the attic! I also had packed the camera in that bag hidden away. That night when we were bathing the girls Isabelle did something hilarious and I said “Chris hurry go get the camera!” He walked to the living room and reported that he couldn’t find it… I quickly dropped it as I had realized as soon as I asked for it that I had packed it! I was convinced he knew I was up to something. He had found a map printed off from Burrard St to Grouse Mountain, the camera was missing and I had done a couple of other rookie mistakes. When we were lying in bed that night I quietly said “I have a secret!” He guessed for SEVERAL minutes and clearly had NO idea what I was talking about. I gave him hints and still nothing. Eventually I spelled it out for him. He was so excited. He wished I had told him earlier and I told him I wasn’t planning on telling him until Kate showed up the next day!
We caught the 12:50 ferry and got to our hotel with an hour to spare before we had to be at Grouse Mountain. We took the Skyline up to the top of the mountain. I must admit I was a little fearful at first but the view was amazing! We got to the top and the sun was shining and it was so beautiful. You could see all of Vancouver below. We had a great night and celebrated the end of another College Pro year and also the end of Chris’s business with College Pro.
(this picture does not due the view justice)
We stayed at a beautiful hotel in North Vancouver- when I found out it had Aveda products in the bathroom I was sold! It was the Pinnacle Hotel on Lonsdale.We were on a 6:20 am ferry back the next morning but I was VERY ready to see the girls. We got home and they were sleeping and we enjoyed the conference session without interruption. It was so nice to get away and have a great time. In a few weeks when the final job is done Chris will officially be done running a College Pro Franchise. He has done a phenomenal job and I am proud of him. We are glad it is over and we are onto the next stage of life!
(when I saw these pictures I was sold!)
No comments:
Post a Comment