Monday, October 3, 2011

Our Sweet Girls!

Abigail

Abigail is growing up so fast! In the last month she has come alive in SO many ways. Probably one of my favorite things she does… actually let’s be honest I can’t choose one thing, but something she does that I absolutely love is talk to and laughs with/at her sister. They have a hoot together already.  Whenever I get her out of her crib and into the living room she is looking for Isabelle. A smile can always be found on her face at the moment she finds Isabelle. Abigail is a thinker. She is always looking at the world around her. She stares with such intensity that on several occasions my mom has said “I feel like she is looking into me and sees everything!” Abigail shows little expression on her face but has great intensity as she looks at the things around her. Abigail has recently started blowing bubbles with her tongue. She loves the sound it makes. Abigail also loves to talk. Abigail is getting very fast at rolling over and pushing herself around the room! She has a great set of lungs and loves to scream in excitement. Whenever I go into their bedroom to get her she is full of smiles and couldn’t be happier to be getting out of the crib. Abigail is great at putting herself to sleep. She loves sleep. She can practically sleep through anything; it was a skill she had to learn to survive sharing a room with her sister! Abigail is working hard at developing the strength to crawl. She is often on her hands working at getting her knees up under her! She typically lets out a scream of frustration or determination when her little knees fall back to the ground. Abigail is a drool queen. She has been working on getting teeth with no signs of success just yet. She loves her necklace that minimizes drool and relieves her teething pain. Abigail has discovered her hands and it getting very good at holding onto things and LOVES to chew on everything! Abigail is patient with me as I am clearly taking care of her sister too! Abigail watches me whenever she can. Abigail makes funny faces and scrunches up her nose or raises her eye brows when she smiles at you. Abigail is eating solids and did not like it at first and was tricked into swallowing with a soother! She has made quick and impressive progress! Abigail loves it when I read to her. She loves cuddling up beside me, and is especially still when I sing to her. Her favorites are a Child's Prayer, I am a Child of God, Teach me to walk in the Light, and Mine is a Home. Needless to say we are smitten with our little Abigail and she is a blast!

Isabelle

Isabelle is our angel who we already know will give us a run for our money when she gets more mobile AND becomes a teenager! She has discovered her hands and loves to pull everything to her sore teething mouth. Isabelle has two teeth now that have poked their sharp tips through her gums! Isabelle loves to look at pictures of Abigail. The other day I was looking at pictures to post and she was on my lap and she smiled and moved in excitement at all the pictures- she also talked to the screen every time a picture of Abigail appeared! Isabelle loves to smile and laugh. I swear she already knows how to make her sister laugh and will keep going just to keep Abigail laughing. Isabelle wears her emotions on her sleeve. There is no doubt when she is excited- not only does she have a smile but her legs and arms are moving vigorously in all direction when she is happy. Isabelle doesn’t love sleeping as much as Abigail but has learned that it is something that has to happen! Isabelle has a great whine! Unfortunately for her we can’t take her seriously when she does it and as I come to think of it she has stopped doing it as much! Isabelle LOVES their jumparoo! When she first discovered how to bounce she would bounce for over an hour non-stop! She would bounce from leg to leg with such expressions of joy on her face! One day her sleepers rubbed against her tiny toes for over an hour and rubbed her little toes raw and made them bleed… but this didn’t stop her! Isabelle will not stay still! She loves to roll around and will roll several times in a row to get from one place to another at lightning speed. She also rolls over when she is trying to sleep and this makes her happy for a time I am sure but leaves her unable to sleep and unhappy. Isabelle has a Fisher Price Aquarium in her crib and loves to fall asleep to the music. She has also discovered how to turn it on herself. Isabelle loves to talk. Isabelle loves to eat rice cereal. The first time she ate it was a success! She knew exactly what to do. Eating solids has helped her sleep through the night better again! She loves cuddling up beside me, and is especially still when I sing to her. Her favorites are a Child's Prayer, I am a Child of God, Teach me to walk in the Light, and Mine is a Home. Isabelle brings a smile to our faces every day. She is our bright little ham and we love her!


We love our daughters and feel that we have been so blessed to be given two! We are grateful for an abundance of love that we feel in our little family. We officially have four seats at the table and for some reason for me this hit home that we were officially a family of four!

1 comment: