Monday, October 31, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

number one when a dog bites... ouch!
number two when a bee stings... I'm allergic!
when I'm feeling sad... single tear!

Just kidding that is a SNL skit with Will Farrell from who knows how long ago.


Yesterday as good things happened to me I thought these could be considered my favorite things (for the day), and I thought I needed to keep a record of it. Here it is.

I love it when I have Abigail and Isabelle on my lap on the couch. I love it when they scream in excitement at each other and then laugh. I love it when they take turns screaming at each other. I love the facial expressions they make to each other and the excitement that is on their face when they see each other up close.

I love it when I am cooking dinner and Chris is playing with them and he encourages Abigail to fight back. Isabelle is so curious and when she sees a new toy (that Abigail has in her hand) she without fail reaches out and grabs it from Abigail. Last night Chris encouraged Abigail saying steal it back, defend yourself, and fight back! I couldn't help but laugh as I heard this... but don't know about this in the long term for teaching the girls good things...

I love finding good recipes online and altering them to fit what I have in the fridge and making a MAGNIFICENT meal. Yesterday I didn't know what to make for dinner and so I googled "chicken recipe" and found the Kraft Canada website. It listed the top 10 chicken meals. I made what they called "parmesan chicken wraps" but I would NOT call what I made that...
I cut chicken breasts in half as to have a pouch where I could put a filling (as I don't have a meat pounder so I couldn't wrap the breast around a stuffing). I filled the chicken breast with blendered cooked broccoli and cauliflower (that I had in the fridge from a few nights ago) and added a couple scoops of cream cheese, some basil, oregano and salt and pepper and blended it all together. After the chicken breast was stuffed I dipped it in beaten egg and rolled it in cracker crumbs. I then put some pasta sauce on it and grated cheddar cheese. I cooked it for an hour at 375 degrees. With the left over pasta sauce I added herbs (oregano and basil) and salt and pepper and a cut up yellow pepper and let it simmer for a couple hours on the stove. When the chicken was almost cooked I boiled some spaghetti noodles and called it done. Chris raved about it and I shoveled it into my mouth... needless to say it was a good dinner!

I love it when Relief Society and Elders Quorum lessons spark a question or two that lead to Chris and I spending the evening (or him all day) researching and learning together.

THESE are a few of my favorite things!

1 comment:

  1. aw I LOVE this post! What good things you love, and I definitely want to make your dinner... perhaps today! I love that SNL too, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete