Friday, April 8, 2011

Is today THE day?

Several weeks ago Chris and I were talking about what date would be an ideal day for the babies to come. At first I was thinking that between the two of us we could have a “baby pool” and whoever was closest to the actual day that the babies were born would get a treat of their choice. Chris told me “Laura after you have the babies you will be getting anything you want!” The idea of a “baby pool” was dropped. As the conversation continued about the babies being born we both quickly came to the date of April 8th as being a great day for them to be born. Our reasons included that they would be very close (3 days away) to 37 weeks the full term mark for twins, I really liked the sound of April 8 (yes Rachel we did inherit the same genes!), March Madness would be over (NCAA Basketball Tournament), General Conference would be over (the last time we would get to be at one without little ones tagging along) and it was right before the weekend (Chris would naturally have no work appointments to cancel as he doesn’t work the weekends). Well today is April 8th, will anything happen? Sad to say I am only the tail of the dog in this situation- I have to simply follow the lead of my body and babies. I think every day this week I have wished that they would come- today is no different. I have an ultrasound today at noon and a non-stress test at one. Maybe I just won’t have to leave the hospital… or better yet maybe I won’t have to wait that long to go to the hospital. Who knows, but we are both eagerly waiting their arrival. Chris is much more patient then I, probably because he doesn’t have two babies in his ribs and bladder! One can only hope that today will be THE day!  

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but wonder what the girls are thinking???!! Do you like this day, I don't or Who's going first? or Let's play a joke on Mom and Dad etc., etc. :)

    ReplyDelete