Saturday, March 26, 2011

One Proud Mama... Already

On Thursday I went to the doctor- a blessed weekly event now- and she measured my fundal height to be 39 cm which apparently hadn’t changed from the two weeks before. The doctor got worried and insisted that I go for an ultrasound the next day despite me telling her that I knew I had grown. My evidences- I can no longer sit with my legs together, getting up takes real effort, my belly is constantly as tight as a drum, my one stretch mark on either side of my belly have multiplied and are now visible without me pulling my belly up to see them, and the fact that the babies movements are so real now because they have gotten bigger- were all NOT good enough reasons to convince her that I had grown.  I came home and told Chris and he said she can’t tell by just looking at you how much bigger you have gotten in the last two weeks!

So yesterday we went for an ultrasound- both babies had grown a pound and a half in three weeks… take that Doctor. Twin B weighs 5lbs 10oz and twin A weighs 5lbs 7oz. After seeing our little girls again and falling more in love we sat in the waiting room to get the okay to leave. I was resting my head on Chris’s ample arm (church hymn!!) no just kidding his shoulder and I said to him Chris I am already such a proud mama. I was so proud that our babies had grown so much and I was a proud mama that for the non-stress test they were “excellent babies” as per the nurse who did the test. We have another ultrasound scheduled in 2 weeks… we will see if we make it that far AND how big they are then… but for now I am carrying 11lbs of baby around and LOVING most of it!




Our little miss twin B is ever scrunched. Her feet visible near her face in this shot!

Before we went to the ultrasound we went to Old Navy- Chris wanted some sweaters for work and I happily accompanied him- as we were walking in the doors I said you know I have other motives for being here. He thought I meant I wanted to buy things for me- to which I laughed and said what can I wear from here!!
The one thing I have been dreaming about buying for our girls is dresses for the day they get blessed at church. It is really the only thing I insist on buying and it being perfect. It is really the only clothing I have bought for them- everything else has been given to us second hand.  I brought two dresses over to Chris and showed him and he thought they were pretty cute. I told him we wouldn’t get them because it was just too much money to drop… then seeing that he was okay with the expenditure I quickly changed my tune and said but you know it is the only outfit I really care about it has to be perfect so why don’t we just get them… SO WE DID! I can’t wait to see our little girls in them… and here is a sneak peak!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Laura,
    I love the blog. I love the church hymn reference, and I also love the outfits!! Super cute!! :)
    Kirsten
    p.s. Whenever people ask me if I'm pregnant yet I say, "No, but my friend is having TWINS!" It takes some of the attention off my empty womb, hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww!! Cute little dresses. I can't believe you're packing 11 lbs of babes around. Good for you, LG!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flower on the sweater! So cute. Buying dresses is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha it only counts if Chris actually requested you to "lean on my ample arm" jk jk
    I LOVE the dresses, SO adorable, great taste great taste! I'm having an inkling of how cute they will look in them :)
    Next time you can tell the doctor "nay, speak no ill" see if that shuts him/her up jk jk

    ReplyDelete