I know the first day of spring is not until March 20th but I feel as though spring is here! As I was driving around Victoria today with my window rolled down smelling the fresh cut grass and seeing the cherry blossoms on the trees I couldn’t help but think- Spring is HERE!!!
A few nights ago I woke up with what I assume were Braxton hicks contractions. I slowly sat up in bed and tried to understand what was happening to my body as I had been in a deep sleep. I decided I needed to walk around to make them go away… so I did… and they did! As Chris woke up and realized what was happening he said “we’re not ready” I responded “in what way do you mean” he promptly said “we don’t have our bags packed and we only have 1 car seat!” It was then that we both decided enough is enough we needed to get the final things we needed. Lucky for me that meant shopping!
Today, after I made a delicious breakfast to celebrate March Madness (NCAA Basketball Tournament), I trundled off to stores to make my purchases. I had been online shopping for months and knew exactly what I wanted- I wanted a diaper bag from the states but realized getting it here was going to be a huge pain AND I kind of need it now… just in case. I am fairly picky but today I FOUND ONE!! It was 50% off and it is huge! It fits perfectly on the shoulder and has great compartments inside- includes a change pad, a thermal bottle holder and a wipe container.
I also purchased a car seat- we had bought one second hand that was used for 6 weeks by grandparents with a visiting grandchild- and so I bought the same one brand new today- it was on sale!!
I also purchased a crib mattress- which they had to order so it will be here early April- but I don’t need it right away. Earlier this week I bought crib sheets and more receiving blankets.
I also purchased a breast pump- the dreaded but ever so necessary purchase.
Unless there is something I have forgot something- which is entirely possible (despite the fact that I have made SEVERAL lists) - we have purchased all we NEED.
We are ready- spring is here and our babies are not… YET!
Oh just for the fun of it I took a picture of myself today- this is what I currently look like- 33 weeks and 4 days!
I love argyle!
ReplyDelete