Two Saturday nights ago our car broke down. I had just left a bridal shower to go and pick up Chris from Café Yucatan and as I was driving there I was thinking “oh no the car is getting worse FAST!” We knew something was wrong with the steering as making tight turns was getting increasingly difficult. As I was driving through Royal Oak I thought to myself “I hope I just make it to Chris”… I should have wished that we made it home. I picked him up, we proceeded down the road about 2km only to start to feel as if an anchor had been dropped out of the bottom of our car and was dragging against the pavement! We parked it off to the side with enough room for a tow truck to get in front and called Dave Wight for a ride home. As we drove home we realized we had to drive “the van” to church the next day. Dread and laughter struck us! Chris has a van that he uses to transport all of his painting equipment from job site to job site. It is FULL of “stuff” and reeks of paint. There are 7 ladders on top- one of them a 40ft ladder AND my legs were cramped up every time I sat in the passenger seat- as there are boxes and cords all piled up... adding meaning to the sentance "FULL of stuff".
We got our car towed in to the shop on Monday and proceeded to drive the van all week. Needless to say I didn’t drive anywhere and was cooped up in our house all week. Chris had about 15 estimates for work that week and he had to drive the van to them all.
Needless to say every time we got home from being in the van we were both grumpy. One night when trying to fall asleep after a particularly hard day (a day when we were told our car would be fixed… and wasn’t) Chris lost it- his true feelings about driving the van came out. I had had a doctor’s appointment that day and he dropped me off and went to the grocery store- I was done very quickly and decided to walk to the store and enjoy some fresh air. He confessed that night with great frustration “I felt like such a chump, pulling over in the van to pick up my 32 month pregnant wife…” I cut him off in laughter and said 32 WEEKS!!
The next Sunday when we had to again drive to church in the van we laughed after Chris remarked “oh the early years of marriage!”
We have never been more grateful for our grandma car!!
This post made me lol...literally! I love the ladders on top (there is just so many!) Aren't you glad that your not 32 months pregnant??!
ReplyDeleteImagine being 32 months prego THAT is over 2 years... oh mama!
ReplyDelete