Tonight after dinner, Chris suggested that we go to Dairy Queen for peanut buster parfaits. I thought it was a grand idea and quickly agreed. When we parked our car and I was pulling myself out of the car, the thought entered my mind that I can barely move properly anymore and yet I am going to go eat some cool treats… this thought quickly dashed as I thought about how much I wanted a peanut buster parfait.
We got our cool treats from Dairy Queen, Chris ended up getting a MINI BLIZZARD and I had a huge peanut buster parfait. I felt like the stereotypical pregnant lady who can’t control herself… as we walked out the doors a car pulled in with a middle aged couple in it, I immediately felt foolish carrying my huge parfait. I looked in at them only to see them with huge grins on their faces and I immediately assumed they think I just have to have treats.
When Chris and I got into our car I remarked on how EVERY TIME I get a treat I want to put on a sign that says “I RARELY DO THIS!” because I feel like people are always looking at me thinking… there is another pregnant lady eating whatever she wants!! Every time I am at the grocery store and have chips in my shopping cart I want to tell everyone “these are for my husband not me!”
I have been really good about what I am eating; I haven’t been to Dairy Queen in months! I am not that pregnant lady who can’t control herself… in fact on the way home my husband said “you have great self control for a pregnant lady!” So there you have it!!
Why do I feel so self conscious about every one’s eyes on me? I do not know. Maybe they are actually looking at my belly thinking oh how wonderful- or something kind along those lines.

I would say they were looking and thinking how cool it was that you were bringing a new life into the world and how exciting babies are. That is what i think when i see a pregnant woman, no matter what she is doing or eating! and I am one of those middle aged women!
ReplyDeleteI love the photo of the peanut buster parfait. I had one or two of those while pregnant with Alex. It's fine to have treats once in a while. Not all the time like me. But once in a while. I know the feeling you have about eating treats in public.
ReplyDelete