Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Homemaker

Last night Chris and I were in bed at 8pm. We were both exhausted after dinner and I think we both ended up falling asleep between 6 and 7pm. When I woke up I said how about we go to bed at 8 tonight, to my shock, he said yes! He is a night owl and I am pregnant… but love going to bed together… We were in bed at 8 and ended up talking for a long time about our babies coming. It was wonderful!


The reason why I say all this is because for the first time in FAR too long I slept for a long time at night. I am to the stage where I wake up every two hours to pee or reposition or get a drink. Last night I slept for 4hrs straight, followed by 3 hrs, 2 hrs and then 2 more!!
Needless to say I woke up feeling like a new woman today! It was great. I had a big “to do list” and I think I actually did it all! (I might have forgotten something without even realizing it…)
I was just walking slowly and sorely into my bedroom and I walked past some of my days work and I was so proud of it. So I decided to take pictures… and then of course to share it on my blog.

I must say I have always wanted to be a good bread/bun maker.  From my Nana and Papa we were given a Bosch mixer for our wedding (I knew I was getting one as I had watched each and every one of my siblings get one) I was excited to receive it, but had only made bread twice since we were married and wasn’t super pleased with my abilities. The first time the bread was sub-par. The second time a great improvement but still not anything to write home about. Tonight I was so proud of the cinnamon buns I made. The dinner buns are SO soft (and I ate one and it was delish!) and the bread it soft too! Great things come with practice! The cookies were just an extra little something to keep me occupied while I was in the kitchen baking the bread.

I must admit I LOVE not working and am grateful the Doctor's made me stop!! I hope the pictures do some justice to the baking.

3 comments:

  1. It's official - Claire wants to move to your house! She is tired of her anti-baking mom. Looks really delicious, Laura! Especially the buns. And I know that is cream cheese icing, because I know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cream cheese icing is the only icing that belongs on cinnamin buns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura how fun for you to have a day of creating. It all looks so good--especially the buns.

    ReplyDelete