Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Our Girls

Today we had another ultrasound- I am 31 weeks and 2 days along now. The babies were again confirmed girls. The ultrasound tech told us that the babies had really long legs and a small head. She said the babies would just slip out- haha if only it were that easy! Chris looked at me later and said they have your legs and my head- which I think is funny. Both of the babies are right around 4lbs. The tech also showed us a 3D image of one of the babies faces. My heart melted. She had chubby cheeks and the most adorable nose and big lips like her dad. For the first time I was very near tears during an ultrasound.  Both of the babies are also head down—YAY! This is great because it means no c-section. Let us just hope that they don’t decide to change position but really this is unlikely considering they are fairly squished in there. In fact one of them has her feet up at her face- the other one sprawled out!
We also had a consult with our OBGYN after the ultrasound. He couldn’t have been more pleased with the progress of our babies- which of course made me one proud Mama. When we met with him at the beginning of February he said just make it to 32 weeks and we are golden… that target is only 5 days away. Now he is looking down the road to 34-35 weeks with high expectations that we will make it there- 50% of twins come at 35 weeks gestation. We of course hope that they don’t come until about 37 weeks so they will be as mature as they can be. Chris and I have decided not to take prenatal classes; this week for FHE we started learning about labor and delivery. I pulled out my textbooks and other books I have been reading and we started preparing for the arrival of our girls. Our date this week will be setting up the cribs.

3 comments:

  1. Go Babies! We are getting so excited for you Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Lola, what week in April is 35 weeks, I am very curious. Thanks for the update, you guys have been very blessed indeed. xx Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 35 weeks is actually in MARCH still.. so the 28th of March will be 35 weeks!! These babies are coming... soon!

    ReplyDelete