Chris took the opportunity to talk to me while we were lying under a tree. I agreed that it would be a good thing for him to do. Later that afternoon the topic of golf came up again. Ali was present this time and said they were planning on going to Salt Spring Island on Tuesday... we looked at each other and decided we should all go to Salt Spring and the men could golf while we visted shops, ate lunch and played at a park.
Fast forward to Monday night Chris starts asking me what we need to pack and then starts packing it. At 6:30 this morning I hear him getting up (the alarm isn't set to go off until 7) I instictively ask him what is wrong. He tell me he just can't sleep so he is going to pack up the car etc.
I wake up at 7 and essentially everything is done, including the milk for bottles in the microwave warming up. ALL I had to do this morning was get myself ready!! By the time I was ready the car was packed (included the fridge items that needed to be added to already packed bags), water bottles with ice made, golf clubs and stroller packed, the girls diapers changed, the girls dressed and fed morning bottles.
We closed the door at 7:25 and were on the road to the ferry
This alone made for a fantastic day...
We couldn't decide if it was going to be warm and sunny this morning
When we got to Salt Spring we drove around to get a feel for things. We then dropped off the men to play golf and proceeded to Ganges. We spent the next couple of hours looking in shops and enjoying the warm but not too hot weather. We ate lunch on the pier (Chris and I had fish and chips and it was VERY good). We then had ice cream cones.
While waiting patiently for lunch Abigail had a quick cat nap while Isabelle held her hand!!
Abigail at lunch (how grown up does she look?)
Isabelle at lunch (how grown up does SHE look?)
Coconut Ice Cream cone...
messy but great!! (biggest childsize cone ever...)
Alison and I at the end of the day (don't we look relaxed?!!) I love this photo...
Chris and Dave after lunch and a round of golf
Today was perfect. People still gawked and made comments that I hate. The girls were amazing... and really 9 out of 10 times they are amazing. Golf took so much less time than expected. Bottom line is this Salt Spring Island is a great place to visit!
Oh and I am celebrating the fact that my hands are less full and I am again carrying my camera with me! Today I took pictures on it for the first time since May. YAY!!!
Ferry Terminal on Salt Spring Island
Two of my favorite things... water and mountains!
awwwww this post made me so happy. SO glad you had a marvelous day! you 2 look amazing, love the pic. And your girls are SO grown up! I loved seeing you on Sunday and spending a teensy bit of time together and letting our girls play.
ReplyDeleteI loved the post Lola--your pics are great and I want to go there now. thanks.
ReplyDeletelove, love.
This whole post is absolutely lovely. I love everything about this. The girls ARE looking so grown up.
ReplyDelete