Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Success

With the move upcoming and it being spring and all I have been seriously cleaning. Not the surface kind of cleaning but the hidden junk that piles up. Although I have swept my floors more times than I care to remember.
THE LIST:

I got rid of a bag of my clothes- a BIG black garbage bag in about 15 minutes. I couldn't bring myself to get rid of my favorite scrubs from work because it made me cry to think about never wearing them again.

I got rid of 2.5 garbage bags of little girl clothes. I gave (am giving) them to a friend.

I got rid of a garbage bag of Chris's clothes and my old shoes (5 pairs)- (not really that full...)

I have also been rid of 4 bins of recycling! Just carried away today by the city. Thank you!

I ALSO took a backseat full of stuff to my Dad's car that was unlocked in the church parking lot!! I think he may have learned his lesson for leaving his car unlocked.

I also took a TON of cardboard boxes to a local card board disposal (Woodgrove Mall)! It was card board that was from the desk, crib and shelving that we bought in SEPTEMBER when we moved in that was rotting on our deck all winter...

Needless to say I feel like a new person and I think our house looks fantastic. A part of the cleaning involved a heavy organization of our pantry... and it looks fantastic. And the cleaning has encouraged me to keep a cleaner house from the day to day grind.

Two stories to go with all this cleaning.
1) I found a cheque for $200 from LAST summer that had been stored away in my filing drawers. BONUS!!

2) Today when I went through Chris's clothes I came upon 2 pairs of pants of his that I LOATHE. I think they look ridiculous on him. I obviously find him attractive and think he looks good all the time... NOT when he wears these pants. They are TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO big and hence are baggy. I have tried on numerous occasions to tell him just how much I dislike them. He told me once that they were dockers and every dad has a pair... I let that one slide for a while because I thought it was cute. He knows how much I dislike them because when the topic was brought up about them a couple of days ago he told me that he couldn't find them and I must have thrown them away (I WISH I HAD).

Today I had had enough and I was going to get my way... so I told him if I couldn't give them away to someone who needed them then I would take the scissors to them!!! He told me that I couldn't do that... I then ran to the kitchen to get the scissors.. just in case I needed them. He told me that he was going to have to go and get some new ones (he just got a pair on Saturday that lead me to feel like I could be rid of these two nasty ones). I told him I didn't care and he could go buy more pants IF I could get rid of these ones... the pants made their way out of our house today AND into the donation bin for the Canadian Diabetes Association.
That is success!

2 comments:

  1. I love finding money!! When we moved in June I found $80 in my glove compartment and $150 in a drawer. All of it was cash from wedding cards that I'd stashed away a year earlier!

    ReplyDelete