I had previously mentioned that blogging was a way of keeping my family history and the girls have been changing so much and I have been meaning to record it, NOT BRAG, but just write it down so I can remember later what my days were like when I had my 9 month old babies!
Where to start?
I guess one of the most exciting things is that Isabelle took her first step on January 26. She had started standing independant of any furniture about a week earlier and has been getting fairly steady on her feet. You can just see the pride in her smile as she stands! On Thursday she was standing and Chris encouraged me to get her to walk towards me. I went over and she quickly grabbed my hands and walked over. We repeated this a few more times and I finally got my hands the perfect distance away from her and she took one step before she reached me leg and then continued to walk towards me. She hasn't ventured any independant steps since but she has officially had her first step!
The girls are being "introduced" to cows milk! Isabelle had been a fuss pot about formula and so I just tried it and she drank it up! I think her tummy was a little off as she has since stopped hating formula bottles. Thank goodness! Abigail also enjoys homo milk...
Today I had a very lazy day. I slept in, had a shower (when I wanted to), had breakfast made for me (bacon, eggs, hashbrowns), watched part of a movie series, had a nap... you get the jist. I was going to go out shopping but didn't quite make it there... the point of all this is that Chris had turned on the NHL skills competition and for some reason I just sat there watching it (clearly intently). Chris was getting ready to go to the school and I had Abigail out in the living room with me... Isabelle was following her dad around. Chris came out and said "LAURA!" I immediately broke my stare from the tv and looked over and saw Abigail standing on a cardboard box (that she had turned over and pushed up against the desk) reaching with all her might for some painted wood letters she had been previously taken from her ever reaching little hands. I popped up and grabbed her as quickly as I could. Thank goodness she didn't fall back! (silly NHL skills competition)
The girls LOVE to take the movies off the shelves. Chris hates it... I don't care as much or else I would have to sit there ALL day EVERY day. I had to take pictures yesterday.
The girls also love to stand at the sliding glass door and slobber all over it and squeel to the outside world. I too had to take pictures of this yesterday.
The girls have started feeding themselves lunch (yes they now eat 3 solid meals a day and 4 bottles). They are further developing their pointer finger and thumb picking up skills. They always have bread and cheese and sometimes fruit sauce for lunch. They love it! (thankfully they don't complain about having the same thing every day). They also love to slap the table making sure to take turns and repeating the amount of slaps as the other one.
The girls have new favorite words. They no longer just squeel (sp?) at each other (or me) they have added babababa and mamama! (no not mama directed at me... yet) Today Chris said "dada'' during lunch obviously encouraging them to mimic... Isabelle quickly responded "mama"... what a good little girl!
The girls have started "fighting" over toys. Isabelle has always been a theif and Abigail has never cared. Well Abigail cares now. There are specific beloved toys that always get attention. Namely the General Paint rubber wrist bracelet (why is it even their toy...), Guzzy the stuffed animal goose, a bug toy that has the potential to hang from the handle of the car seat, and lotion bottles (again not even a toy). It is so funny to watch them take toys back and forth and "referee" as needed or when I can.
Isabelle has 5 teeth now. Abigail has 2, but who knows by morning she could have another two. They have been sitting so close to the surface they just haven't broken the skin yet.
Their hair is growing!!! Abigail's is growing slower BUT evenly. Isabelle's hair continues to avoid growing at the front... I guess she knows she wants to portray business in the front and party in the back.
I sense that two naps is fast fading from the girls daily lives. Today we were lucky to have them take two naps. They are great sleepers and we have absolutely nothing to complain about.
I brushed their teeth for the first time three days ago and they LOVED it! I sat with a cup on the floor and I tried Isabelle first. She sat so still and opened her mouth wide. When I was done with her and doing Abigails teeth she was bouncing on my leg trying to get me to do her teeth again! Abigail didn't want me to stop when I did.
At times during the day, particularily when I am cooking, the girls will wonder back into their bedroom to play (this is where all the toys are now stored). They love it and will play happily together for a long time. Today Isabelle went back there and some how weaseled her way between the dresser and the wall with the baseboard heater and sustained a minor second degree burn on her wrist. I ran back there to not see her but find her behind the dresser crying. She has handled it well and is sporting a bandage (gauze and tape... I always loved making bandages to cover wounds) on the blister to keep it safe.
Well I think I haven't missed too much! The days are busy but always I find myself laughing and smiling. They are so much fun and it is so fun to see them play with each other.
Oh and just because I always forget or loose the paper that they give us we recently had the girls weighed and measured. I need to write it down before I lose it. As of January 21 Abigail is now 22lbs and 28 3/4 inches long. Isabelle is 22.07lbs and 28 1/8 inches long.
Oh my goodness Laura -- I cannot believe they are that old and learning such exciting things! Wasn't it just yesterday they were learning to crawl? Can't wait to come down again and see all that they are up to!!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness they sure are learning FAST! Benton still hasn't taken his first steps yet, but he is VERY close. Your girls seriously sound so fun! I just love that they are BFF
ReplyDelete