Today I made homemade pizza. I haven't done that since we had the girls (over 7 months now...). As I was cutting up the veggies to put on my pizza, I decided that tonight on mine I would try brocolli and cauliflower in addition to the peppers, feta, and chicken instead of asparagus spears and grated zuchinni that I usually do.
I started thinking about the whole reason I tried asparagus and zuchinni on mine was because my Mom told me about great pizza she had at someones house for dinner. My Mom made this pizza for me after the girls were born and I loved it, and have since adopted it. I am very grateful for the kindness of people who do nice things for others and the ripple effect. If someone hadn't been kind to my Mom I would never have learned something new that I now love.
I was thinking that there are lots of different ways this principle is made manifest. By simply sharing and being a kind giving friend we have influence on those around us in ways that we don't realize but that can really make a positive impact.
All these thoughts made me remember a mormon message. Have I done any good in the world today?
No comments:
Post a Comment