Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lessons I have learned

In the last week or so I have been thinking over and over again that days are SO MUCH BETTER when I exercise. Every time I stay awake in the morning instead of going back to bed when the girls do and I exercise I am on top of the world. For me waiting until the end of the day makes it harder, Chris is home and I am MUCH more tired. When I do exercise my house is cleaner, I make better dinners, I stay on top of laundry, I am happier, I smile more, I think of others more, I play more with my babies and make them laugh, I spend less time on the computer, I eat better (unless I make pumpkin muffins)... the list could go on AND on BUT what I am trying to say is that every day is better when I exercise. There are still the moments when I think ahh maybe not today but once I start I feel great! I love getting sweaty, feeling my heart pump harder and breathing deeply. It is a gentle reminder (or not so gentle) that I am taking care of my body. Who doesn't want to be happier, make better dinners, and all around feel more satisfied?
Something else I have learned is that you can't exercise if you feel poorly about yourself or that your worth depends on wether or not you exercise and soley on what you look like (or don't look like). IF you do, you are doomed to fail, because the one day you don't makes you feel like a complete FAILURE. This is something that has taken me years to understand. Perhaps I still have more to learn about it, and perhaps this isn't true for everyone, but it is for me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also committed to daily a.m. exercise - my day is so much better. Also, going to bed early (learned that one recently) is HUGE! I'm turning into an old lady ;) well, I am 33 now!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exercise USED to make me feel better, but NOW because I have been so sleep deprived I feel AWFUL after exercising....For now, my focus is getting enough sleep. Once I have mastered that, I will probably follow your lead and start exercising again! :)

    ReplyDelete