For the first 2.5 weeks Chris and I both woke up at every feed during the night. My mom was here for the day time and we were all on our lonesome at night. I was tandem breastfeeding the girls until they were 10 days old at which point I said ENOUGH- while breastfeeding I needed help to keep the girls feeding (ie re-latching… often) and so I obviously needed another set of hands and Chris was them! Chris very kindly woke up every feed (often times before me because I ALWAYS seemed to be dreaming that I was feeding one of them… and the other one was far away crying and of course Chris needed to get her because I was already feeding one (?)- the reality was Chris was up getting them and I was passed out. ANYWAYS we have since started dividing up the night between the two of us so both of us get a solid chunk of sleep and it is GRAND!
BUT when the girls were about two weeks old and we were in the hazy state of no sleep Chris did something really funny.
One night I woke up to him muttering to himself. He then became understandable and he was saying “Where is her face”… “Shoot where did she go”… “I lost her”. I start talking to him (my back is toward him) and he says to me “I can’t find her face, where did she go?” I tell him that there is no baby in the bed… he continues and then I turn over to see him holding a PILLOW in a football hold trying to find a face! I tell him “CHRIS YOU ARE HOLDING A PILLOW NOT A BABY!” He comes to and we start LAUGHING SO HARD. Chris told me to stop laughing because we need to sleep and ensures me that we can laugh about it later! The next day when he got home from work we remembered it and I laughed freely for about 5 minutes.
About a week later I woke up to hear him lifting the blanket up in between us. He is a telling me that he can’t find her, that he lost her with panic in his voice. I tell him there is no baby in the bed (there rarely is a baby in the bed with us) he tells me that there is… then I get stern with him and I say “SERIOUSLY Chris there is NO baby in the bed” to WHICH he responds with a sound of annoyance “well obviously” and then he gets up to go pee. I told him about this the next day and he didn’t remember it at all until I said “seriously Chris there is no baby in the bed”.
Thankfully (or maybe not so much) these events have stopped happening as we have started to get more sleep!
Abigail on the left Isabelle on the right
This one made me laugh pretty hard. Matt used to do the exact same thing. Hilarious.
ReplyDelete