In the weekly routine of our life Chris plays basketball Monday, Wednesday and Saturday nights. And I used to hate it, but now I love the quiet house and I usually end up cleaning like a mad woman when he is gone. A couple weeks ago I realized that Valentine’s Day was on a MONDAY!!! I knew it wouldn't actually be a problem but to break the ice a couple weeks ago I brought it up. Chris told me not to worry he wouldn't be going that night. I also told him, just because I didn't want to be disappointed that there are a few days that I really want to feel special and they are Valentine’s Day, Mothers Day and my Birthday! NOT that I think that he is an incompetent man or un-thoughtful or unkind I just wanted him to know that I have somewhat high expectations for those days! Is that bad?
So I left it at that… Chris had plans but he got SICK!! I was out shopping all afternoon- looking at cribs, car seats and the list continues. Part way through the day I realized that I was not going to get anything from him as he was stuck sick at home… it made me sad (HOW DUMB!!). Maybe it is because it was our first Valentine's Day married or maybe it has something to do with the insane amount of hormones raging through my body.
He did take me out to dinner at The Keg which I enjoyed fully. The babies were in a great position and I ate EVERYTHING on my plate. I never do that there… and these days it seems like I can either eat next to nothing or a whole lot! Chris barely had enough energy to get through dinner.
The next morning a customer called and he had to run out the door to go and finalize the completion of a job. He still wasn’t feeling well… but when he returned he had the most beautiful roses. It is the silliest thing but it felt so GREAT to get roses. I love them. I laughed so hard because of the size… talk about LONG STEM! We took pictures because they were so big. Of course the chocolate was great too!
Just to add- I did get him something nice too! I walked into the Gap and fifteen minutes later walked out with a new outfit for him! I couldn't remember his pant size for sure, but I nailed it!
No comments:
Post a Comment