Monday, January 24, 2011

20 Reasons Why...

20 Reasons Why It is Great to Have Twins


1. Knowing you only have to go through the birthing process once to end up with two children


2. Enjoying the fun of choosing two names that go perfectly together


3. Being able to hold a baby in each arm and feeling a huge rush of love and pride


4. Watching your babies sleeping peacefully side by side


5. Having to establish only one routine


6. Getting all the sleepless nights over and done with in one go (Not US!!)


7. Watchign them carve out their own identities as they grow


8. Knowing that they are goign to have a best friend in each other for life


9. Enjoying the attention that twins inevitably attract


10. Feeling confident that they can help each other on their first day of school


11. Discovering all their amazing little differences


12. Watchign them create their own secret language and games


13. Knowing that they will never be lonely


14. Loving the fact that they are constant playmates and can entertain each other


15. Feeling special becuase you have joined the exclusive club of twin moms


16. Only having to buy one of every must- have toy and not having to give baby number two (by a few minutes!) hand-me- downs


17. Only having to bake one birthday cake and throw one party for TWO kids


18. Seeing them learning and encouraging each other to reach their milestones


19. Watching them take care of each other when one is upset or hurt


20. Knowing that their shared history means they ahve on of life's most unbreakable bonds




So some people, despite having great intentions, say the darndest things about twins... it was really bothering me BUT I have been trying to get a tougher skin... when my sister in law sent me this I thought AHHH yes this is how I feel about having twins, even though it is going to be hard work there are many benefits to enjoy! Motherhood and parenting is hard work no matter how many children you have at once. This hard work will just have twice the good outcomes- right?

3 comments:

  1. Its true my twin sister have always had each other and I consider it one of my biggest blessings...
    this is a blog post about my sister and I

    http://krazykramers.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-10-01T07%3A13%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=7

    Laura you guys will do awesome and those little girls are very blessed to come to such wonderful parents and extended family. Just remember the joys out weigh the hardships by a long shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw I loved it! I think you will be a great twin mom! Whoever thinks other wize is crazy and doesn't know you. Your amazing.

    ReplyDelete