I can hardly believe it has been a year already. Unfortunately I was sick from about 5pm on the 18th until the morning of the 20th... Yes it is true, I was NOT the worlds best mom on their actual birth day (April 19th).
Thankfully we were at my parents house and my mom bought the girls sherbet for their birthday dessert. I can't even remember what we fed them for dinner but I know they loved it.
While we were singing to Isabelle her little fingers were reaching out and she pinched off a crumb of the cake and ate it! It was really cute. Abigail wasn't too sure about the whole experience.
Not too sure what to think...
She thought Belle was pretty cool
She SQUEELED in delight to see Rupunzel
Hooded owl towels I had to get when I saw them
One Year Old Isabelle Ruth
One Year Old Abigail Catherine
The birthday party wasn't until the 21st and thankfully we were all in good health by then. The girls' cousins came and they all seemed to have a blast. The big girls got to paint wooden butterflies while Abigail and Isabelle wondered and DANCED! Yes we sang happy birthday twice and they both got their own cakes. Wouldn't you want that on your birthday?
Motherhood is fantastic. It is hard. It is worth it. There isn't anything else I would rather be doing right now. My girls have taught me so many things and I am so grateful to be learning and growing. Let us see what the next year brings!!
Lucy and Abigail are so cute with each other
Isabelle eating lunch
Notice my hand holding hers back from the cake...
Abigail is mesmorized
Lets eat some cake!
She ate the strawberries first then the cake
Loving the sandals from the Kingsley family
So curious and happy (the nose wrinkled nose says it all)! Thanks Arbanas family
Cousins who were able to make it
Isabelle sporting the new barret from the McMillan family
Happy Birthday Girl!
Too big! Too fast! Love and miss you all!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness gracious! I've been so wrapped up in Matt's birthday week (we celebrate all week for birthdays usually) that I completely missed out on the celebration of my sweety bunkin beautiful baby nieces! I LOVE them and they are the cutest, prettiest little ladies on Earth! Happy birthday from Aunty Laura, Uncle Matt, Uncle David, Cousin Tootie, and Cousin Benton. we love you guys
ReplyDelete