If I could edit youtube videos I would put up a VERY funny clip about getting some shoes... but alas I have not those skills and must only think of it as I write this blog post.
First my woes. As you know I am a tall woman. I need to stand, walk, run, bend, carry babies and support my height so lets face it I need big feet... well I have big feet. I am told by most that they look great on my body and not out of place (semi compliment). I once had a male friend say my feet were like ski's (it was a complement from him... apparently). When I was done being pregnant I noticed that my shoes were all feeling a little snugger (word?). I didn't do anything about this because heck I already wore size 11 and that was hard enough to find shoes so was I really going to openly admit that EVEN THEY weren't fitting me anymore.
This weekend I had a little trip. I went down to the temple in Seattle. While on the drive home (delayed by 24hrs) I shopped. Chris was home with the girls. I had some relaxing shopping, sleeping, eating and just generally had a wonderful time. Did you know that in the states they carry size 12... even in OUTLET stores. The first store I went to was Nordstrom Rack. I tried on more shoes than I have ever tried on in my whole life... AND THEY FIT... AND THEY WERE CUTE! I walked out of that store with 3 pairs of shoes in my hot little hands (they were a great price!). I had some help encouraging me along with the purchase of three pairs of shoes... BUT I mean seriously when do I find shoes that are cute and fit me... (thanks for the help!)
The shopping continued today and I bought two more. I got a pair of boots!! When the boots came to the store they were priced at 180$... I got them for 29.99 with an additional 25% off!
Needless to say I feel cute in my new shoes and am so excited to THROW AWAY my old RATTY TATTY shoes that have cluttered my shoe rack for years.
(sorry I am too tired to photograph now or find them online... but you get the idea that I am excited right?)
thats AWESOME! I LOVE shopping in the states! and boots too! LUCKY. I'd love a pair of boots. I have yet to get some. Who did you go down to Seattle with? Sounds like a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI had big feet before pregnancy. Size 10. Now they are closer to size 11. I get it.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you could find some shoes/boots to fit you, and are comfortable, and are completely stylish and gorgeous just like you.
ReplyDeleteWhen you get a moment, please post some photos of your finds!! :)
Good Job Laura!! Can't wait to see pictures -- you shall help me on my quest for cute shoes! (I don't have a hard size...I just lack style =) haha)
ReplyDelete