Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One

Yesterday I was thinking that I want to be a better journal keeper. I have been told that if you do something for 21 days it becomes a habit. Perhaps this can be my 21 day blog challenge to help be become a journal keeper. Reasons I want to be a better journal keeper include (but are not limited to) the following reasons:
1.       Isabelle and Abigail are doing new things everyday and I want to record it so I remember and also so perhaps one day they will read it and know how loved they are
2.       I also want to record our life and remember the things I am grateful for
3.       I want to remember the things that made me laugh!
I just put the girls down for their third nap of the day and as I carried Isabelle back to their bedroom tears welled up in my eyes as a wave of gratitude rolled over me that I have her, that she makes me laugh, and that she has soft oh so kissable cheeks! Side note: if I had been holding Abigail I would have had the same thoughts. Sometimes I get feeling sorry for myself that I am home with them and no longer have a career and most days are spent home being a mom and wife (this usually happens at a particular time of the month). Today I feel the exact opposite! Who would have thought that creating a home and a loving environment could provide so much satisfaction? I sure didn’t. Today I went grocery shopping (alone) and happened to find some ornamental gourds and then saw sunflowers. I had to buy them because fall is HERE! Thanksgiving is THIS weekend and I needed to feel autumn in our home.
On a funny note- today when I was making bottles for the 3pm feed I made a BIG mess! I got the bottles and put formula into the liners… or so I thought. I picked up the bottles to bring them to the stove so I could add water. I looked down and saw powder all over the counter. My initial reaction was how did that get there? Is the can of formula leaking? Did I miss the bottle without even realizing? (who even thinks these things!?!?) Then I realized that there was NO liner in the bottle. DUH who even does that! I didn’t want to get the powder all over cloths- I hate that mucky mess- so I grabbed the dust pan. The second before I wiped it off the counter I stopped and grabbed my camera to document my stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment