Saturday, April 9, 2011

For the Beauty of the Earth

Today we found ourselves enjoying the beauty that is all around us. I love the ocean and wanted to take a trip out to the west coast and we ended up at French Beach. I wanted to do something we wouldn't be able to do for a long time. It was beautiful. We walked around for only about 20 minutes but it was worth it- even the head ache I got from the cold wind was worth it. I love the sound of waves. I love the way trees lean because of the never ending presence of wind. I love rocks that have become smooth because of waves beating on them. I love the sand. I love beach wood. I love the contrast of blue ocean and green trees. I love the way waves come rolling in. When we were walking along the beach I couldn’t help but think about taking our kids there and how much fun it would be- they have fire pits and beautiful picnic tables on a grassy area. I chose a rock to bring home from there and got Chris to bend over and pick it up for me. I think I have decided to start a tradition of getting a rock from everywhere we go. I will simply write on it the date and where we got it from. The rock is beautiful.
Going along the theme of things I love I have to throw in that I love my camera. I do not know how to use it as well as I should/could BUT I love it. Chris was walking towards me on the beach and I snapped about 15 pictures of him in a matter of seconds. How wonderful!
Yes it is true we live in one of the most beautiful places in the world!








2 comments:

  1. Yeah! A new post. I love the ocean to Laura! This may be your last post before those babies are born. You should blow up and frame some of your ocean pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to move to a bigger house.There is no wall space for more photos. ONE day I will for sure!

    ReplyDelete